AX Social Stream
Create a stylish, fascinating social media feed with this plugin, complete with support for multiple social media pages/groups/accounts and feed options, and display them in any of eight different layouts, including the Wall, Grid, Carousel, Timeline, Rotating Feed, Sticky Rotating Feed, Ajax Tabbed Feed, and Sticky Ajax Tabbed Feed. You’re free to follow as many or as few people as you wish on your preferred social media platforms.
It now supports 13 different feed types and has 33 different feeds available.
Visitors to your site can interact with the Twitter postings from your Social Stream by replying to them, retweeting them, or favoriting them. Users also have the option of utilising a search term or social network to narrow down their Social Stream.
Use the theme manager and/or custom CSS stylesheets to give your Social Stream a look that’s all your own.
- The ability to provide content from many social media accounts in a unified feed for your site’s users.
- For the purpose of consolidating the activity feeds of several social network accounts housing multiple user profiles.
- To compile media from several social media platforms into one centralised location.
- Use many RSS feeds to generate a continuous stream of news for your website.
- In order to generate a social stream on your site containing tweets, photos, videos, and comments from Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and VK all pertaining to a given search term or hashtag.
- Using WordPress posts organised by category or tag, you may generate a social stream.
- Obtaining permission to use a plugin and having it update itself automatically.
- Processing a large number of identifiers in one network.
- Multi-stream processing across networks.
- The ability to load more content on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, VK, and WordPress.
Functionality can be loaded indefinitely by using the infinite scroll option.
- Lazy loading for images.
- Allows users to toggle lazily loading photographs on their social feed.
- There is the option to only receive certain types of Facebook page feeds. Articles published either by this page itself, by other users, or by a combination of the two.
- Ability to retrieve Facebook postings from a specific time period.
- The Twitter API allows you to retrieve tweets from a specific date.
- A toggle switch to halt and resume the feed slider’s rotation is an available option.
- There’s a date-based or random-ordering option for the Social Stream’s results.
- Possibility to show the date in a variety of forms on things.
- Setting a cap on the total number of results seen in the Social Feed.
- Putting a cap on the combined length of a post’s title and description in the stream.
- The caching of social feeds, with the cache time defined, can speed up downloads.
- There is a “read more” button for the extensive text.
- Opens links in a lightbox, new window, or parent window.
- The ability to set individual links as “follow” or “nofollow.”
- Lightbox window loads media files.
- On social stream videos, a video symbol appears overlaid.
- Setting the rotational feed’s speed, duration, and direction during animation.
- The option to toggle animation on and off, as well as set the rotate delay and filter direction for the Wall.
- The distance between the wall’s columns is a variable.
- As an alternative, you may allow the blocks to resize and move to fit the space in the wall.
- The timeline can be viewed in a single column or automatically adjusted to the width of the user’s browser window.
- Include a share button for popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn on your website.
- Ability to interact with tweets in your social stream by replying, favoriting, or retweeting.
- Six preloaded sample documents are available.
- Manager of the overall theme.
- Formatting in accordance with the user’s preferences using CSS stylesheets and a personalised layout.
- Providing a menu of options from which to pick.
- Providing administrative control over theme customization.
- Including Theme Hooks to allow for modification.
- Modify the visibility of item labels using this handy control.
- Adjustable social media interface themes.
- You can alter the appearance of the symbols that represent different post types.
- You can change the size and colour of the borders around your Social Stream, as well as the background image and font colour across all view modes.
- Background colour, border colour, and border size for individual items in the Social Stream can be modified for any view.
- You can change the font and background colour of the Social Stream’s revolving header.
- The image of the feed block opener can be defined.
- Edit the Social Stream’s font size here.
- Use four distinct spots on your site to showcase your widget.
- Facebook and Instagram like counts will be shown.
- Data on the total amount of comments on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Display the most up-to-date feedback on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Display feedback in a comment box while viewing a slideshow automatically.
- permitting the width and height of the feed block to be adjusted.
- pictures and thumbnails’ widths and heights can be customised.
- letting you pick the video’s width and height.
- The height and width of the walls can be adjusted to suit individual needs.
- Ability to specify responsive breakpoints for wall objects based on the width of the user’s browser or container.
- Customizable image presentation settings (Boxed or Expanded).
- The choice to enable HTTPS image loading.
- The option to pick and choose which content blocks should be produced for each Social Stream item.
- The option to set up many social media feeds on your site.
- The option to embed many social media feeds into a single web page.
- The option to permanently elevate a post to the feed’s top position.
Inability to delete a status update from a social media feed
- Ability to set the number of objects displayed per slide in a carousel view, taking into account the viewer’s screen resolution.
- Capability to set a user-specified maximum height for carousel items.
- Including the option to alter Social Stream properties via shortcode.
- By selecting a social network, you can filter the content of the Social Stream.
- The ability to sort content in the Social Stream based on a user’s search terms or tags.
- The filter network icons can be sorted.
- Capability to alter filtering tabs as desired.
- Ability to deactivate individual filtering options.
- The ability to enter numerous search terms in separate individualised tabs.
- Help for languages that use a wide variety of different sized characters.
- Capability to present content from the Social Stream in a lightbox slideshow format.
- Compatible with the WPBakery Page Builder and the Cornerstone template systems.
- Adaptive lightbox window that can be resized mechanically.
- Embed content from a link published on Facebook.
- Option to format embed URLs from Twitter in a unique manner.
- The grid’s size can be adjusted as needed.
- The option to configure a proxy server for use with API calls.
- An online log of bugs is available.
- Extensive documentation with all examples included.
- A complete complement of inline plug-in explanations.
- Other than ten languages can be translated using po/mo files and the Gettext translation editors can be used to add more languages.
- These include English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Danish, Thai, and Turkish.
- It works fine with the servers at WordPress.com.
8 DIFFERENT DISPLAY LAYOUTS
We offer a wide variety of feed formats, including: Wall (Masonry), Grid, Carousel, Timeline, Rotating Feed, Sticky Rotating Feed, Ajax Tabbed Feed, and Sticky Ajax Tabbed Feed.
SUPPORTS 13 AND GROWING SOCIAL NETWORKS
The social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Flickr, Vimeo, Tumblr, DeviantArt, RSS, SoundCloud, VK, and WordPress.
6 WAYS TO ADD TO YOUR WEBSITE
- Embed your social media feed into a blog post or website
- Integrate your social media feed into your WordPress theme.
- Embedding a widget that displays your social media feed
- Insert a Social Stream in the WPBakery Page Builder Control Panel
- Embed your social media feed using the Elementor builder.
- Integrate your social media feed by using the Cornerstone page editor.
The plugin can be used on mobile-friendly sites because of its responsive design.
ADS MANAGEMENT FEATURE:
Adds an advertisement block to your Social Stream alongside your social content.
SLIDESHOW PRESENTATION VIEW:
Useful presentation and wide-screen support thanks to the ability to showcase social media content in a full-screen, lightbox slideshow.
- Updates on a Facebook wall.
- Pictures from a Facebook album.
- Photos from a user’s Facebook profile.
- Videos posted on Facebook.
- a Twitter user’s most recent tweets.
- Posts to a Twitter list.
- Using hashtags in a Twitter search. (See the disclaimer for more)
- Photos and videos shared by Instagram users.
- Tag-based Instagram content discovery. (See the disclaimer for more)
- Current uploads by YouTube users.
- Posting to a public YouTube playlist.
- Find what you’re looking for on YouTube by entering a search query.
- Most recent (a. regular), (b. photo), (c. video), (d. audio), (e. link), (f. quote), and (g. conversation) posts from a Tumblr user.
- The most recent Pins shared publicly by Pinterest users.
- New public Pins on Pinterest from a given social stream.
- The most recent public photostream updates on Flickr.
- Sharing photographs publicly in a Flickr group.
- Syndication of a Flickr photo album or collection.
- The public feeds of a Vimeo user (a. videos, b. likes, c. appeared in, d. all videos, e. subscribing to, f. albums, g. channels, and h. groups).
- The most recent deviations from the norm by DeviantArt users.
- A listener to SoundCloud’s public broadcasts.
- Wall feed from a VK user or group.
- Updated RSS feed URL.
Social APIs Restrictions
Additional challenges we faced while developing this plugin included the following restrictions imposed by social network APIs.
- Only pages, groups, or people that you specify in the plugin’s settings will have their feeds shown. To learn more about integrating your Facebook account with the plugin, read this article.
- Protect my Tweets should not be enabled for a Twitter account.
- If you use the Twitter hashtag search API, you can only retrieve content from the past seven days. When retrieving a feed via a hashtag or search term, tweets older than a week will not be returned.
- Twitter’s application programming interface (API) does not offer retweet image data.
- Only those Instagram profiles that you link to the plugin will have their feeds shown. This guide will show you how to link your Instagram account to the add-on.
- During any given week, an Instagram Business or Creator Account can only query a maximum of 30 distinct hashtags when getting a feed by hashtag or search term.
- When you re-share something on Pinterest, it won’t have the source pin.
- The minimum supported PHP version for this plugin is 7.2.5.
- The minimum required WordPress version for this plugin is 5.0.0.
- This add-on can’t function without the iconv extension and the multibyte string extension for PHP (enabled by default).
- The XML extension for PHP is mandatory (enabled by default).
- It is suggested that the cURL extension be used with PHP (enabled by default)