By preventing unauthorised users from entering the administration console, you can prevent a wide variety of common security breaches. If your site’s visitors suspect that you’re using WordPress, they’ll likely want to locate the default Admin and Login pages. Brute-force attacks against wp-admin utilising pre-compiled lists of usernames and passwords are a common tactic used by hackers.
The benefits of changing the URL of your administration page are as follows:
- You can eliminate Brute Force attempts on the wp-admin path while hackers have no idea it’s even there.
- This will prevent any possible hacking while saving you a significant amount of money.
The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the login page is the location where administrators can be contacted. The framework of any WordPress site is identical to any other.
Access protected areas of the web by going to:
Hide the wp-login.php file to prevent brute-force assaults and other forms of hacking. Intruders will not be able to pinpoint your website’s weak spot. Using Hide My WP Ghost, you can mask your site’s original login URL with a new one. Adding an additional safeguard to your website by altering the wp-login page.
Custom wp-admin URL & wp-login Paths
- All of us use https://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin/ as our default WordPress login. you can also go to https://www.yoursite.com/wp-login.php directly.
- The hackers know it, you know it, and I know it. One form of online assault that your site is likely to suffer is a Brute Force assault on its login page.
- By altering the addresses, hackers will be unable to access the compromised resources. The likelihood of being assaulted is cut by as much as 100% thanks to this.
- There is no actual modification to the file or directory structure. Redirects are used for all of the changes. The plugin handles everything immediately.
SQL Injection Protection
SQL injection attempts can be thwarted with the help of Hide My WP Ghost. There are three distinct security settings available to users: the default (unsafe) setting, safe mode (compatible with all plugins and themes), and ghost mode (which removes some basic features to guard against brute force attacks).
Change and Hide Common Paths
Significant improvements in hiding common pathways and security weaknesses are made by HMWP Ghost to your site. HMWP Ghost helps conceal security flaws by altering the standard plugin and theme folder locations, which hackers are likely to look for first. You can further protect sensitive data by modifying the default locations of files on your site.
Brute Force Attack Protection
Hide My WP Ghost is a powerful tool for preventing brute-force attacks on your website. This security add-on generates unique passwords on the fly and supports two-factor authentication for those that need it.
Website Security Check
Protect your WordPress site from hackers and other security risks with the aid of the Hide my WP plugin. Hide my WP increases the site’s security by concealing sensitive data such the wp-admin and wp-login css files, making it more difficult for hackers to insert malicious code. This reduces the likelihood that the site may be compromised by hackers.