The default search functionality of WordPress is upgraded to a superior search engine by Relevanssi, which has a plethora of capabilities and is highly customizable. Your users will be grateful to you for improving not just the quality of the findings but also the presentation of those results.
- The search results are arranged not in chronological order but according to relevancy.
- When using fuzzy matching, only partial words are matched if the entire word cannot be matched.
- Find papers that match just one of your search terms (OR query) or documents that require all of the words to be present (AND query).
- Try searching for terms surrounded by quotation marks, such as “search phrase.”
- Make your own customised extracts that highlight the phrases that were searched for and show where the hit was found.
- When the user clicks through the search results, search terms should be highlighted in the documents.
- Conduct a search across the comments, tags, categories, and user-defined fields.
- Compatible with several sites.
- assistance with bbPress.
- Gutenberg friendly.
- You may change the weighting by adjusting the titles, tags, and comments.
- Record queries, display the most often used queries as well as the most recent queries that yielded no results, and so on.
- Utilize a hidden variable or the parameters for the plugin to restrict searches to just categories and tags.
- Index your own post types as well as your custom taxonomies.
- The contents of shortcodes will be indexed.
- recommendations in the form of Google’s “Did you mean?” based on previously completed user queries
- Provides support for the WPML multi-language plugin as well as Polylang.
- Help and support for the s2member membership plugin, as well as the Simple Membership plugin, Members, and any other membership plugins.
- Enhanced filtering to assist in manipulating the search results in the manner of your choosing.
- Limiting the number of search results returned in order to boost speed on huge databases.
- Using a straightforward filter hook, you can turn off indexing of the post content as well as the post titles.
- Indexing the content of attachments (PDF, Office, Open Office).
- Corrections to misspellings in the “Did you mean?” recommendations have been made.
- Search capabilities that span numerous sites within a single multisite installation.
- Profiles of users may be searched and indexed.
- Conduct research and index the pages of taxonomic terms (categories, tags, custom taxonomies).
- The wp posts MySQL table will have arbitrary columns searched and indexed.
- You should give different post kinds and taxonomies different weights.
- Give newly created posts more of an impact.
- Give the user the option to search using either AND or OR, and make use of the + and – operators (AND and NOT).
- Settings may be exported and imported.
- Commands for the WP CLI.
- In related news…
- Redirections for use with search engines.
There are no reviews yet.