Storage for Contact Form CF7
The Contact Form 7 Storage plugin saves all of the submissions made using Contact Form 7 as well as any attachments in your WordPress database (DB). Even if the e-mail alerts are lost or deleted, the data pertaining to the entries made in the contact form and the business leads are maintained safely.
Although compliance with the GDPR is not guaranteed by using this plugin, it does provide the following functions to assist with that:
- Delete data from form entries, as well as meta information and attachments that have been uploaded.
- Stop storing the user’s IP address and information about their browser.
Kaspars Dambis, who has been a key contributor to WordPress and a professional WordPress developer since 2007, is the creator and maintainer of this plugin. The plugin’s creator responds to and manages all support inquiries.
In addition to being emailed to the administrator, each and every form submission is also saved in the backend of WordPress. Because the delivery of e-mail is never completely reliable, maintaining a backup of all of your contact information is the best way to ensure that you never lose a potential customer or inquiry.
Create a CSV file with the form submissions and open it in Excel. You can choose which entries you wish to export by using the date and form filters, or you can export all of the submissions. In addition, links to any entry attachments will be included in the export.
Each entry stores the following details about the submission:
- Individual values entered into each input field (which are also viewable in the generated CSV files as separate columns).
- Every every attachment that was sent in using the contact form.
- The time and date that the entry was made.
- E-mail address of the person who will receive the contact form.
- The subject line of the e-mail that was sent to the person who was identified in the contact form.
- The web address (referrer) of the post or page where the contact form was submitted.
- IP address, browser information, and device information (user-agent), all of which are associated with the submission.
- Link to the page that allows adjustment of the contact form that was used to submit the information