WooCommerce Cart Reports
Features at a glance
- Simple in terms of installation and management
- Dashboard Components Viewable in a Snapshot
- Detailed reports that may be customised for any date range
- Cart Detail” view displaying the goods in the cart, the time the cart was last updated, and other information.
- When a consumer has checked in but has not completed their purchase, it is important to get in touch with them.
Cart Reports for WooCommerce has extensive reporting capabilities, which can be accessed via the “WooCommerce” -> “Reports” tab in the new “Carts” tab that was added to the WooCommerce “Reports” page. You may examine converted/open/abandoned carts over a configurable date range from the Carts page, as well as the goods that were abandoned the most often and product abandonment by month:
Cart Reports for WooCommerce has a list view that enables users to investigate open, abandoned, and converted shopping carts. You are able to filter the list view by customer, cart date, and cart status while you are there. You have the ability to examine cart actions, including “View Order” for converted carts and “Email Customer” for carts that are linked with a user:
In addition, Cart Reports provides two dashboard widgets that may provide administrators with an overview of the trends and statistics relating to their shopping carts. Right from the dashboard of WooCommerce, you can check the graph for the past 30 days as well as any open carts that are now active: