GeoDirectory Location Manager
- Countless possible locales – The GeoDirectory Locations Manager extension allows you to set up an infinite number of different locations for your listings.
- There’s no need to fill up any blanks ahead of time. – You’ll save a tonne of time by avoiding the need to manually prefill data. While a user is adding a listing, the relevant locations are automatically populated. Accurate information may be obtained with the use of Google API or Open Street Maps.
- I have no problem with a location-specific directory. Listings can be restricted to certain areas using the Location Manager. Twelve cities across three countries? Sure, no sweat.
- The importance of location-specific SEO-friendly webpages – Meta data, text description, and featured picture are all customizable for each individual location page. Standard practise calls for the inclusion of globally applicable meta information that makes use of replacement variables (%%location name%%).
- The Yoast SEO plugin has support for sitemaps. GeoDirectory can build sitemaps for your different branches without any manual work on your part.
Our Smart Location Switcher
- The ability to switch between locations is a fundamental component of any multi-location directory; fortunately, our sophisticated location switcher makes this process quite simple.
- Location ideas that are automatically generated depending on your current location – When you open the location switcher, a list of cities that are closest to your current location will appear depending on their distance from you. Users will consistently be presented with the most pertinent ideas.
- ideas for your locality based on AJAX. – Once you begin typing the place that you wish to examine, an AJAX search will be performed to locate any previously saved locations in the database.
- Alternative search based on proximity – We will automatically geocode the search phrase in the event that a query returns no results from your location database. Make available lists of suggested locations sourced from the Google API or the OSM API; Permit the user to do a search in close vicinity to that place. Therefore, you are still able to provide items that are the closest match to the user’s search even if a place is not in your database.
- Past searches that have been saved. – When you open the location switcher for a second time, it will display the most recent search results for easy access.
- You may put the location switcher wherever you like. – Access to the switcher may be gained in a variety of methods, the most straightforward of which is via a menu item. The switcher is included in the items on our GeoDirectory menu; you may use it in any location on any menu. Additionally, the switcher may be shown via a shortcode, widget, or block, and it is compatible with page builders.
- REST API. — The location switcher routes all location queries over the WordPress REST API. This ensures that all requests are processed more quickly, are future-proof, and are user-friendly for developers.
Smart Location Searches
- Searches based on location intelligence. – The same sophisticated geo-location elements that are found in the location switcher are also included in the Near field of the directory search bar. Your users can do location searches quickly and with little effort.
- Display the place that you are now at. – The location that you are now at will be displayed in the search bar. Users are aware of the specific location they are looking. Simply moving your mouse over the field will cause an X to appear. Clicking on the X will clear the field, allowing the user to look for a new place.
- URLs that take into account your location. – The GPS coordinates are always included in the URL of searches using the phrase “near me.” If you use the location switcher to choose a location that is close to me, the resulting URL will be attractive and simple to share with your friends: /location/near/me/39.952371,-75.163601/
- Autocompletions that take into account your location – When used with our Advanced Search add-on, the location manager has the capability of filtering AJAX search recommendations so that they are only relevant to the current location (or set to search all locations depending on your directory needs)
Advanced Near Me Filtering
- Support for GPS on mobile phones. Using GPS on a mobile device makes for more accurate searches in close proximity.
- Support for Geolocation in HTML5 – – When compared to traditional IP geolocation, the accuracy provided by asking users to give their location through the browser (HTTPS Required) is far higher.
- Fallback Map Pin Support. – In the event that HTML5 geolocation is unable to be used or is refused, the user will be shown with a map and given the ability to drag a pin to the spot where they want to conduct their search. This map will always be somewhat close to the user’s actual location because it automatically centres on the geolocation of the IP request.
Location Manager Widgets
(each of our widgets is compatible with a variety of page builders and may function either as a shortcode, a widget, or a block)
- Switcheroo for Locations. – Users are able to filter the site by database location, near me, or closeness to any location thanks to the location switcher that we provide.
- Locations. This widget will generate either a list or an image grid of all the locations that are currently available on your website. Ajax pagination and results that are confined to a specified location are both options for displaying the results.
- Display a button anywhere on the website that, when clicked, will lead the user to a location page that lists listings that are geographically nearest to that user.
- Display the current location’s description when you click on “Location Description.” Edit this beneath each location in the administrative region to show a custom description for the page that corresponds to that place.
Simplified Admin Controls
- You may search Places using the native WordPress table views, which means it will be easy for you to discover the locations you are looking for.
- Duplicate locations Merging. – There is a possibility that your database will have many entries for the same place if either the user’s spelling or the import name is incorrect. We provide a tool that enables you to combine these two places, at which point any broken permalinks for the relevant listings are instantly fixed.
- A brief overview of the numerical situation. – Find out the actual number of listings you have in a certain city, country, or region.