AffiliateWP – Direct Link Tracking
Through the use of Direct Link Tracking, affiliates are able to bypass the necessity for an affiliate link and link directly to your website.
This presents a significant incentive for your affiliates and has the potential to bring in additional revenue for your business.
If a visitor sees a link that looks like it came from one of your affiliates’ sites when they are on one of those sites, they will know that the affiliate will receive a commission if they click that link and end up purchasing one of your products. A visitor’s perception of the content of your website could be negatively affected by the presence of an affiliate link, causing them to refrain from clicking on the link. One of your potential customers who decides not to buy as a result of clicking on one of your affiliate links could be one less sale for you (and a missed commission for your affiliate).
When you use Direct Link Tracking, visitors will have no idea that your site has any affiliate links. This dramatically improves the likelihood that they will click on a link to your site and then go on to make a purchase. You will be happy because you will have more sales, and your affiliates will be happy because they will have greater earnings from their sales.
Use Direct Link Tracking for:
An increased opportunity for more sales
When visitors click on affiliate links, they will be unaware that they are doing so.
Happier and more motivated affiliates
Affiliates have a greater possibility of earning a commission due to the absence of an affiliate link, and as a result, they will put in more effort to obtain one. Because there are no tracking parameters, visitors will not be able to remove their own tracking settings by copying and pasting the URL into a new window.
Because links to your website do not include any affiliate criteria, search engines will see them in a more favourable light.
How does Direct Link Tracking work?
Affiliates will be able to enter their domain (or domains) into their Affiliate Area on your site once the Direct Link Tracking add-on has been active. This ability will be available to affiliates on your site. After the affiliate has submitted a domain for approval and the administrator of the site has given it the go-ahead, the affiliate will be able to link directly to your website from their own website, bypassing the need to use their referral link.
The database performs a lookup of the domain whenever a user navigates to your website from an affiliate’s website by clicking on a link located on that website. If the domain is owned by an affiliate, the ID of that affiliate is saved in the cookies of the user’s browser, exactly like it would be with a regular affiliate link.
After that, an affiliate referral will be produced for the affiliate programme if the consumer goes on to successfully make a transaction (also known as a conversion).
- Dedicated “Direct Links” screen: Adds a “Direct Links” area to the WordPress admin for simple maintenance of all direct link tracking domains as well as a comprehensive overview of all of them.
- Approval of the Affiliate’s Domain: If you do not approve an affiliate’s domain, they will not be able to earn commissions or link directly to your website.
- Enable on a per-affiliate basis or globally: Direct Link Tracking can either be enabled globally or on an affiliate-by-affiliate basis.
- Maximum amount of available domains: Determine the maximum number of domains that can be entered by an affiliate on a global or per-affiliate basis.
- Alter the domain status by selecting “Approve,” “Reject,” “Delete,” or “Make Inactive” on the “Direct Links” admin screen in the central administration console.
- Manage the domains of your affiliates more easily: Within the administrative area of WordPress, you may directly link to your affiliates and add, update, accept, reject, or delete those links.
- Notifications through email: When a new domain is submitted for approval, an email notification should be sent to the site administrator. Affiliates should also receive an email notification when the status of their domain is changed from pending to authorised or denied.
- Add domains to the domain blacklist to prevent them from being added and also to prevent a visit from being stored if they are currently being used. Blacklisting domains is done by adding them to the domain blacklist.
There are some web browsers, like Apple’s Safari on iOS, that place tighter restrictions on what you may do online. For instance, if the website of an affiliate uses http:// but your website uses https://, it is possible that your website will not accurately detect the direct traffic coming from the affiliate. However, there is a workaround that can be applied to their website that you can encourage your affiliates to use in order to guarantee that this will function correctly. Please refer to the following document for further information: diagnostics and repairs for Direct Link Tracking