WooCommerce Moneris Gateway
Why settle for accepting payments from just anybody when you can process them with one of the most reputable payment processors in Canada? More than 3 billion credit and debit card transactions are processed each year by Moneris on behalf of more than 350,000 merchant locations located throughout North America. Your WooCommerce store will benefit from improved customer service and streamlined processing capabilities thanks to this plugin.
- Depending on the merchant account and the currency that is in use, you should accept payments in both Canadian dollars and United States dollars NEW.
- Automate the processing of voids and refunds directly from within WooCommerce.
- Charges may be collected without leaving the WooCommerce administration interface.
- In order to provide a hosted and more secure checkout form, “Hosted Tokenization” should be supported.
- At the checkout, the payment form has been updated with retina icons.
- Includes a mobile-friendly checkout with numeric fields for selecting the kind of card to use and the security code.
- Instead of placing generic purchases, the checkout screen should display explicit refuse messages.
- Customers should be able to safely keep their cards to their accounts for use in subsequent purchases.
- Customers are able to keep additional payment methods in their accounts and access them without having to go through the checkout process.
- Verification of addresses and cards are supported by e-fraud technologies.
- Supports WooCommerce Subscriptions in its entirety.
- Completely compatible with WooCommerce Pre-Orders
- Accept payments via Interac (no subscriptions / pre-orders support)
- Instead of allowing costs for orders that contain just virtual objects, you must impose them.
- Credit and debit cards from all the major issuers are accepted, including Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diner’s Club, and JCB.
You must be willing to take payments in both Canadian dollars and United States dollars! You will need to have a merchant account for each currency, and you may also want a multicurrency plugin, since WooCommerce Moneris will automatically choose the appropriate merchant account based on the currency that is being used. Having several merchant accounts is highly recommended. (For recommendations, please see our list of frequently asked questions.)
Fraud prevention tools
For an additional layer of protection, the WooCommerce Moneris payment gateway plugin is equipped with totally modernised security checks as well as support for AVS and CVV. Shop owners now have the ability to fully personalise address and card security code checks, both for AVS and CVV problems, right from the WooCommerce settings page.
Direct on-page checkout
By utilising the Moneris extension, you will be able to determine the format of your checkout procedure, all while ensuring that the consumer remains on your website during the entire transaction. This provides you with greatest control over this experience, making the checkout procedure smooth for the customer and giving the proprietor of the business full latitude in terms of personalization options.
You also have the option of using a hosted checkout field, known as Hosted Tokenization, to collect credit card information if this feature is enabled in your Moneris account. This decreases the likelihood of a security breach occurring since sensitive information regarding customers’ credit cards is not transmitted through your systems. For the highest level of safety and protection, you will still need an SSL certificate.
Additionally, mobile checkout has been improved with the addition of numerical (tel type) fields and automatic card formatting to make data entry simpler.
You now have the option to present descriptive decline messages to your consumers; error messages stating that “an error occurred” will no longer be displayed.
Securely save payment details
Customers have the ability to save numerous payment methods to their account in an easy and safe manner for the purpose of expediting the checkout process. These saved payment methods are shown in a unified “My Payments” area of the customer’s account. Your security load will be reduced and friction at checkout will be minimised thanks to the data being stored on Moneris’s secure servers. This will result in increased conversions. Tokenization has to be enabled for your Moneris account, and your Moneris representative may do this for you.
On the My Account page, customers have the option to alter the payment method that is currently active, add new payment methods, or remove existing payment methods. There is no need for the consumer to go through the checkout process because the “Add Payment Method” procedure is completely streamlined and tokenizes card information for future usage.
Support for automatic refunds
It is no longer necessary for your workers to enter into your merchant account in order to handle refunds for orders that were paid for with Moneris because WooCommerce now allows them to do so immediately from within the WooCommerce platform. You may expedite the administration of your business by initiating full or partial refunds from the “Edit Order” screen and then automatically submitting the transaction to Moneris by selecting the “Refund through Credit Card” button.
If the transaction has not been captured or settled, an automated transaction void will be conducted instead to cancel the order. This will only happen if the transaction has not been captured.
Full Subscriptions and Pre-Orders support
Because the Moneris credit card gateway now offers complete support for Subscriptions and Pre-Orders, you will be able to take advantage of WooCommerce’s recurring payments and pre-orders to expand your business. To utilise either of these extensions with the WooCommerce Moneris credit card gateway, tokenization has to be turned on in your settings first.
Kindly take notice that the Interac gateway does not support either subscriptions or pre-orders in any capacity whatsoever.
When the plugin is active, Moneris enables Interac® as a second gateway. This gateway can be set with the same credentials as the credit card gateway, or it can be configured with separate credentials entirely. It is not possible to utilise Interac for either subscriptions or pre-orders.
Capture Charges directly from WooCommerce
Some customers want to configure the payment gateway such that it merely authorises charges rather than authorising and capturing them all. However, in order to record charges, the user will need to enter into the administrative section of the payment gateway. Instead of having to enter into the Moneris control panel in order to record previously authorised transactions, this extension enables you to do so straight from the WooCommerce Edit Order screen. Previously authorised transactions may be captured in this manner. After editing the order and selecting the “Capture Charge” option, Moneris will automatically be used to collect payment for the purchase.
There are no reviews yet.