You won’t need an SSL certificate for your WooCommerce store if you use the Worldpay payment gateway since it gives you the ability to take credit card payments through a safe, hosted payment page. For the convenience of the customer, the entire payment procedure is contained inside a single tab.
Worldpay is able to process all of the most common payment methods, including debit and credit cards, including JCB, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. Following successful completion of the payment process, the consumer will be sent to a Thank You page on your website, where the order will then be verified.
Setup and Configuration
You will need to add the Installation ID that was provided by Worldpay to your WooCommerce settings. You need to establish a password for the Payment Response. It is strongly suggested that you utilise the MD5 secret. After you have input the information, you need to save the settings.
If you want to be able to process refunds from within the WooCommerce admin or if you are using Worldpay with WooCommerce Subscriptions (Worldpay refers to this as FuturePay), then you will need to enter a Remote Administration Installation ID and a Remote Administration Installation Password. Both of these options require that you use Worldpay. These are offered by Worldpay, but you will be required to make a request in order to receive them; they are not delivered automatically when you sign up for an account.
Enter the settings from your WooCommerce settings page and select the boxes indicated.
- Replace “Store-builder utilised” with “Other” in this sentence.
- WooCommerce should be included into the “store-builder: if other – please indicate” field.
- Your WooCommerce store’s settings for the gateway plugin will have a section under “Payment Response URL.” Make sure that you replicate this in precisely the same way that it is shown.
- Check the box labelled “Payment Response enabled?”
- Mark the box that says “Enable Recurring Payment Response.”
- Check the box next to “Enable the Shopper Response.”
- It is required that the “Payment Response password” field be populated with the same value that is used for your WooCommerce settings.
- MD5 secret for transactions’ has to be specified using the same value from your WooCommerce settings; however, if you have left it blank in your WooCommerce settings, then you may leave it blank here as well.
- SignatureFields’ has to be set with the same value from your WooCommerce settings; however, if you have left the MD5 secret blank in your WooCommerce settings, then you may leave this blank as well.
If necessary, you have the ability to change the default signature fields. The plugin will, by default, utilise the following format: instId:amount:currency:cartId.
Any one of the following categories may be included in the list:
instId, amount, currency, cartId, name, email address, address1, postcode, and address1
These field names must be separated from one another with a colon and pay attention to capitalization (:)
Worldpay uses the Signature Fields, together with the MD5 Password, to verify that the transaction between your website and Worldpay has not been tampered with in any way. This is done by comparing the two sets of information.
We do not advocate making any changes to the fields that are pre-set. You need to place some test orders in order to validate any adjustments you make.
The addition of fields such as name might result in complications in the event that the customer’s name contains inappropriate characters, such as an apostrophe.
In the WooCommerce Worldpay settings, you’ll see a setting labelled “Authorisation Mode.” This is the setting you’ll want to select if you want to Pre-Authorize payments and then capture the monies at a later time.
You will need to go into Worldpay and verify your settings to ensure that the “Capture Delay” option, which is displayed above, is turned off.
WorldPay FuturePay – WorldPay & Subscriptions
The WorldPay gateway for WooCommerce is compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions, allowing customers to pay for recurring subscriptions (separate purchase). This service is known as Futurepay by Worldpay.
- Modifications to subscriptions are only possible when there is more than two weeks remaining until the next payment is due.
- It is NOT possible to make changes to subscriptions that have a regular payment schedule with a gap of less than two weeks between payments. They are only capable of being cancelled.
- The cart is only able to hold one subscription at a time, although it is permitted to include both a subscription product and a regular goods.
- Cancelling a subscription may be done either through your WooCommerce admin or through the My Account page of the client. In order to accomplish this, you will first need to submit an application to WORLDPAY for a Remote Administration Installation ID, and then you will need to input both the ID and the password into your settings. You are able to cancel the subscription using the WooCommerce admin area even if you do not submit a valid Remote Administration Installation ID and password. However, you will also need to cancel the subscription through the Worldpay FuturePay admin area.
If you have implemented BulletProof Security and are having problems with consumers not being returned to your site, please read the information included in the following link: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/403-woocommerce-worldpay-gateway/.