Templatera – Template Manager for Visual Composer
Coming to you from the makers of WPBakery Page Builder is a beautifully crafted native add-on that is compatible with the most popular page generator for WordPress. Templatera grants you the ability to develop, manage, and restrict access to your templates according to the user roles or page post types that you specify.
Easily manage templates from a single location and view any updates in real time without having to drill down into the layout’s component parts. You should put together a collection of pre-defined content elements (pieces), then you can use them anywhere on your website. Ignore about going back and forth to update pages; everything is taken care of for you. Magically! And sure, you are free to make any changes you want to them whenever you want!
When you install Templatera, a new content element called “Templatera” will immediately appear in the selection of options available in your WPBakery Page Builder installation. The new “Templatera” content element gives you the ability to insert pre-built templates onto your sites in the form of independent blocks. When you make changes to your template, any sites that make use of the “Templatera” block will immediately have those changes reflected in their content. Awesome!
How to use Templatera?
Let’s say you developed a block on your website that included various contact details, such as a phone number, an address, an email address, and a contact form, and you used that block in a number of different places (pages) across your website. After some time, you made the decision to update either your phone number or your email address. You only need to make changes to your primary template for all “Templatera” blocks to reflect those changes immediately after you save your changes. Therefore, your website will automatically be changed to reflect your new contact information.
- Templatera is a content element that allows you to create a template “piece,” place it on numerous pages, and when you make changes to that “piece,” those changes will be reflected on all of the pages where it was used. After using this block, you will never return to the old ways.
- The addition of the ‘vc template’ post type, which enables you to add, modify, and delete your templates using the native and well-known WordPress user interface.
- Existing WPBakery Page Builder templates will be automatically migrated; there will be no additional setup necessary.
- Control of access to templates based on user responsibilities
- Controls on access to templates based on the content categories
- Import and export templates in the XML format; carry your personalised templates with you.
- The Single Template Export function allows you to download only the templates that you want.