Sell pre-orders for products and services
The pre-order experience may be entirely customised, and it is compatible with pre-orders that are either charged immediately or following the product’s release. Pre-orders may be paid immediately upon release if you are utilising a payment gateway that supports this functionality. This eliminates the need for the buyer to come back and pay for their order.
- You can provide a date and time when the product will be accessible, although doing so is optional.
- Charge customers’ cards immediately upon the product’s availability, if possible.
- Modify the launch window for a product that has been pre-ordered.
- Send an email to all of the clients who have pre-ordered a product.
- If the product is no longer available, pre-orders should be cancelled.
- You may filter your pre-orders by using a custom order status called “pre-order.”
- Compatible with both straightforward and malleable items
- Charge a price for a pre-order as an additional option.
- For pre-orders, you should personalise the “Add to Cart” and “Place Order” buttons.
Easy pre-order customization
You have complete command over the presentation of pre-order items thanks to the numerous in-built settings for button text, product messaging, and more. You may use a countdown time shortcode that supports modification through CSS to show anywhere on your site the amount of time that is still left until a product is ready for purchase.
Easy Pre-Order Management
There are two different ways that pre-orders might be charged: either immediately or after the product is released. When a pre-order is charged in full at the time of the initial checkout, the customer is responsible for paying the full cost of the pre-order.
When utilising a compatible gateway and the billing a pre-order upon release payment method, the customer’s payment method is paid when the product is released (either by reaching the availability date, if set, or manually inside the Pre-Orders admin). In the event that a supported gateway is unavailable, the customer will be notified through email when the pre-order is made available, requesting that they visit the shop in order to complete the payment for their pre-purchase.
A dedicated website allows for easy management of any and all pre-orders placed. From this screen, the admin may choose which pre-orders to delay, finish, cancel, or email. Alternatively, they can utilise the actions section to perform the same actions on all of the pre-orders for a certain product.
Automatically Charge Pre-Orders Upon Release
When you make use of one of the payment gateways that are enabled, you will have the ability to immediately charge the payment method of your consumer once the pre-order is available. Manual payments for pre-orders are supported by every gateway; with this method, the consumer receives an email reminding them to pay for their pre-order once the item in question is made available to the public.