MB Admin Columns is a Meta Box plugin extension that allows developers to display custom fields in the posts, keywords, and users lists in the WordPress admin area. You can change the column position, title, and make it sortable and/or searchable.
Adding custom columns to the admin screens for full posts or special post types is a common chore when developing WordPress themes, plugins, or modifying a website. The custom admin columns provide users with a more comprehensive view of the content. For instance, if we have a custom post type Book, we should display Book Author, Publisher, Number of Pages, and Category in columns on the All Books screen (as shown in the screenshot above). WordPress only displays a very minimal amount of content (title, date) on that screen by default, which is insufficient.
The process is completed fast with MB Admin Columns. You only need to select which custom field is displayed and the plugin will handle the rest. You can also edit the title of the column, position it, and make it sortable or searchable.
Supports posts, terms and user
MB Admin Columns now supports term meta and user meta in addition to post meta since version 1.1.1. The plugin can be used to display additional information for words and users in the term list and user list tables.
It should be noted that the MB Term Meta and MB User Meta extensions are required to add meta to terms and users.
- Be able to set custom position for columns, supports before/after/replacing existing column. And can order them as well.
- Can customize the output and column title.
- Supports every standard type of custom fields
- Can show custom HTML before and after column content
- Supports columns sorting
- Supports searching for custom fields data
- Automatically adds styles to match WordPress UI
- Supports post, term, user meta (since version 1.1.1)
- LESS code: needs only 1 parameter
- Is optimized for Meta Box users